So, you are here and you’re interested in a custom wedding dress, but you want to know how it works before you set up an appointment. We understand that, so we listed the steps below. We promise to do whatever we can to make the whole process simple and easy for you from beginning to end!
1. The first step is to schedule an appointment. You don’t need to be local either, we can plan and make your dress easily by communicating through e-mail, phone and regular mail. Or, if you are in the Chicago land area, then we’d be happy to meet you at our studio at 1106 Davis Street in Evanston, IL.
2. The first appointment is a discussion. We’ll ask you lots of questions about your thoughts and ideas and get to know your style, and we’ll listen very carefully to everything you say. We’ll talk about fabrics, details, colors, and lots of other stuff. It’s helpful to send ahead of time, or bring with you, any magazine photos, rough sketches, or other inspirations that you have. If you come to the studio, we’ll take your measurements at this appointment.
3. After your appointment, we start sketching. We think about what you said and we get creative. We draw concept sketches and post them on a private, password protected website, for you to view and share with friends if you want. We will also give you prices for each design, and we’ll send you swatches if needed. You’ll be able to take your time, know all the details, and make a good decision. And if you need to see more concepts, we’ll keep sketching and making changes until we get it right!
4. Once the perfect design is sketched and the terms are agreed upon, you pay your deposit. We’ll get your measurements if we don’t already have them, or if you can’t come to the studio we will send you some really easy instructions to collect your own measurements.
5. Then we go to work. We make the dress, from scratch, just like the sketch, with all the details we discussed. It usually takes about 3-6 months depending on the design and how busy we are. If you need it quicker, ask us ahead of time, we can probably find a way to rush it through.
6. And finally, the best step of all! You finally get to see your dress! Local clients will schedule a first fitting to make sure the dress fits and see if any alterations are needed. Long distance clients will have their dress shipped to them, and will visit their local seamstress for alterations.
So that’s all it takes! It’s simple for you, all you have to do is talk to us, we’ll do all the hard work. In the end you’ll have a one of a kind dress that is truly a work of art, and a unique experience to remember! So schedule an appointment today, or if you still have questions, contact us, we’d be happy to chat with you and answer your questions.